Whether you are vegan-curious, already vegan, or just wanting to make a few healthier choices in 2011, this 21-Day Kickstart is well worth a look.
Starting on January 3rd, 2011, this is the fourth time that PCRM (Physicians’ Committee for Responsible Medicine) have offered this free, simple and informative program. The PCRM are a group of doctors and laypersons working together for compassionate and effective medical practice, research, and health promotion.
I took part in the Kickstart Program last September and was both surprised and impressed with how well put-together the program is:
- Cooking demonstration webcasts
- Celebrity coach Daphne Oz, author of the national best-seller The Dorm Room Diet
- Delicious recipes from celebrity coaches including Kris Carr, author of the new book Crazy Sexy Diet, and Alex Jamieson, author of the new book Vegan Cooking for Dummies
- Daily tips from Vegan Celebrities
- Nutrition webcasts from Dr. Barnard and his team (quick information and inspiration for each day of the challenge)
- A Community forum for sharing questions and ideas
Each day during the Kickstart, you receive recipes and suggestions for every meal. Basically, you get to pick and choose how many recipes you make each day or week—and how much of each recipe you make. Printable grocery shopping lists are provided and a full 21-Day meal plan is provided in weekly instalments. Too easy!
For those of you who like combining health with new-fangled technology, there is a free iphone app you can download from the resources section which includes all of the recipes in the Kickstart, many of which include mouthwatering step-by-step photos, as well as daily tips. Once the final week’s recipes are available, you’ll always have access to the recipes.
So, if making health a priority is one of your resolutions for 2011, click here to register for the 21-Day Kickstart and launch into the year with vibrant health and energy!